Research shows that 90% of employees benefit from using Employee Assistance Programs. Unproductive and impaired employees cost your company time, energy, and valuable resources.
According to the US Department of Health and Human Services:
- - 25% of the US workforce experiences problems that directly impact job performance and productivity.
- - Troubled employees have 4 to 6 times more absences and file 3 to 4 times more medical claims than their healthy co-workers.
- - Legal or financial services are needed by 90% of the working population.
- - 70% of all current adult illegal drug users are employed.
- - Troubled employees account for 65-85% of all industrial accidents.
- - Of the nation's 11.8 million adult illicit drug users, 9.1 million (77%) of them are employed in 2000. In addition, millions of workers are problem drinkers.
- - Investment benefit analysis proves that employers save an average of $4 to $17 for every $1 invested. --The Hurst Group
(Summary of Findings from the 2000 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 01-3549. Rockville , MD : Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2001.)